Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Note from Mrs. Mary Watson

I was going through my desk this morning and I find a note from a dear friend, Mary Watson. Mrs. Mary was full of wisdom and she always had a quote that she wanted to share with me. I'm not sure exactly when she gave it to me, but I know it was during a time when I was struggling in a relationship with a dear friend. 

The poem was written by Joaquin Miller.

Men Whom Men Condemn Ill
"In men whom men
condemn as ill
I see so much of goodness still.
In men whom men pronounce divine
I see so much of sin and blot
I hesitate to draw
a line between the two where
God has not"

As I thought about Mrs. Mary I was reminded of a picture that we took several years ago. I sure miss this dear friend and I look forward to seeing her again in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment