Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seeing the Full Picture

I was looking through some pictures that Marvin Slusher sent me several years ago and one of those pictures reminded me of something that God has been teaching me lately. In life there is a strong tendency for me to get so focused on the circumstances of life that I miss the blessings of God. In this picture the clouds keep us from seeing the mountain that is below.

There are times in my life and ministry that I catch myself being overwhelmed by the circumstances in my life. I am so focused on the problems that I begin to lose hope and I become discouraged.

It is during times like this that I must back up and begin to see all of the blessings that God has brought into my life. It's also during these times that I must remember the promises and the presence of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment